I Said I'd Be Back!

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Just as the title says! Wow, so far I've posted twice as many times as I did last year lol Given I only posted once last year, I'm not going to rehash everything that's happened from March 2017 to now.... That would just be silly! I may write about certain things, but only those that stood out.

So what's happened recently? I finished a cross stitch that I started sometime last year. It's called Primitive Ouija Board and it's from CloudsFactory. I love their designs, you can choose something as for a quick weekend stitch or something that will take a bit longer. Plus they're downloadable. This one's stitched on 16 count "Ancient" aida from Picture This Plus. I was really happy with the end result. I did take the picture above before washing and ironing it, which I'm yet to do.

I looked for an Ouija board design for ages until I discovered this one. As soon as I saw it, there was no hesitation lol


Since finishing the Ouija board I've purchased another design from them called Old School Is Cool, I love the "rewind" pencil lol

It also comes with an alphabet chart so that you can create your own cassette labels.

I wanted to add an extra bit of 80's daggyiness to this piece, so instead of stitching on the grey coloured aida, I purchased "Ballerina" Opalescent from Sew It All Australia. It's a fluro pink colour with silver opalescent sparkles through it.

I started it last weekend. I have about half the floss colours required, I could've exchanged some of the colours for ones I already own, but it just wouldn't have looked the same, so I've ordered the floss I need which should arrive this week. 

It's currently summer here in Australia, so why am I inside stitching and not outside in the sun? Because it's too damn hot! We've had a run of days from the high 30's to mid 40's. Thank god for air conditioners!

Catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment