P.S I Hope This Makes Sense LOL!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

P.S Yes I'm putting the P.S at the top for a reason lol. This is my second attempt to get this blog post written today, as I'm still taking pain killers my brain just doesn't want to link words in the order that they should normally be found lol Due to this reason, I took a break from writing today as I was constantly correcting mistake after mistake.... So I do hope that the rest of this post makes some sense and is readable :o)

The Original Start:- I haven't got much to blog about on the parrot front, as I've had the the first part of my dental implants inserted this week.... So I've been off with the fairies, thanks to the painkillers. Don't worry, I'm not going to show you a photo lol. So most of Tango's time has been spent with my wife, as I was either asleep or just not feeling well enough to cope with his antics lol. I go back next week for a check up on the stitches and the posts/screws that were implanted, then after three months I go back and the crowns are put into place.

A couple of days before I had the implants done, I went to see an optometrist as I have started cross stitching again, and I've found that my old glasses aren't quite doing the trick...... They are seven years old lol Anyway, as I expected, I needed new glasses. So I asked if I could keep my old frames as 1. I like them, 2. They're really lightweight, and 3. They cost me a small fortune! I was told that it would cost me more to keep my old frames and it would be much cheaper to get new frames with new lenses!?!!? The girl that I was talking to looked at the figures of what my health insurance company covers, and it would have cost me a minimum of $150 just to send my old frames off! That's not including the price of the lenses. 



So then she looked at the figures of what it would cost me to get new frames and lenses and the total gap I would have to pay was $139.50. This cost was for two pairs of glasses.... mind you, I only wanted one pair.... But the deal that was running was 2 pairs for the price of one. It's just crazy! So in the end, it was cheaper to get two pairs of glasses, instead of just changing the lenses in my old frames. So next week I will go and pick up both pairs of my new glasses lol



Anyway, as I said, I have started cross stitching again. I used to cross stitch all the time when we lived in the Mountains. As it was so cold there, having an indoor hobby was a must. But since we've moved to The Central Coast and it's so hot, I've found it very hard to get interested in it again. The photo above is of a witch, I have actually done more than this, and I thought I had taken a more recent photo.... But I can't find one and to be honest I couldn't be bothered right now digging it out and taking another photo lol I will post a photo when it's completed :o)


                             

I also discovered an online store called 123stitch.com, wow, what a dangerous website! They sell everything that you could ever want! I have already made a number of purchases from them lol Even though they're located in the USA, their prices are so much cheaper than Australian prices. Plus they stock so many things that you just can't buy here.


 Chatter Fox

My Sister recently found a website called Clouds Factory, and they have some brilliant patterns. They're all small patterns that you could stitch up as they are designed, or you could turn the characters into cards - I've purchased a couple of the patterns and I also have a 'wish list' going there lol. I'm also back on Chatter Fox, which is an online cross stitch/crafting community.

Anyway, I'm outta here and back to the lounge room. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ouch. I hope you recover from your teeth procedure soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dina, I go back for my check up today. It still hurts, but no where near as much as it was :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hot pink aida! Are you going back to the dentist today? I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the pink aida is really cool lol Yep I went to the dentist. The right side which was the most painful, is inflamed. So I have to take some more medication :/

    ReplyDelete