Where Does The Time Go?!?!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hi Everyone!

Yes my last post was in Feb! This is not because I didn't want to write anymore or fell off the face of the earth, but I bought a business. Up until about a week ago I had been working 7 days a week in my business to try and turn things around. Guess what? When you work 7 days a week you get really tired! lol So I have just recently decided to take one or two days off a week, depending on what's happening and how busy things are to allow me to be able to do this.

So what kind of business did I buy? Well I'm not going to name it because I don't want customers googling it and finding my blog lol But it's a retro, vintage, alternative clothing type shop. It's open 7 days a week and will soon have an online store. I had been to the store as a customer and I had always liked it, as there is nothing else like it around! So when it came up for sale - I had to buy it! It was advertised one night, and I bought it the very next day..... and I wasn't the only one after it!!! lol Which is good, because if I ever want to sell it, I know I'll get the same response.



When my wife and I looked at the books, it was just hanging in there by the skin of its teeth! So it was a bit of a risky purchase, but I felt that I could turn it around! Slowly it's happening, the people are returning and word has gotten out that the store has new owners and new stock in the store! 

I still have days when it's quiet and I sit in the store and think "What have I done?!?! Did I make the right choice buying this place??" I'm probably not the only new business owner to feel this way, but quiet days do tend to rattle me a bit. 

Buying this store has been a MASSIVE learning curve, as neither my wife or I have worked in retail nor owned a business. Crazy huh?!?! Yep! But I'm not one to let a lack of experience get in my way, nor will I go down without a fight! This business will shoot back to its former glory and hopefully beyond!

I know this wasn't a long post as I didn't have much time today and I've got to go out, but I'll catch you all again soon!

4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear from you! Congratulations to you both, the very best of luck with the business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cool! Congratulations. It sounds exhausting, but exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dina, Thank you. It is both exhausting and exciting lol

      Delete