Sprouts and Books

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm so excited!!! I woke up this morning, and I went to give my herbs a quick water before the heat set in for the day and look what I found!!



My tomato seeds have sprouted! It only took them a couple of days :o) Tomatoes are so easy to grow, I can kill most plants lol but tomatoes just keep on going. If I get half as many from these plants as I did from our last ones I'll have relish and chutney coming out of my ears. Except this time, because I've got other herbs growing, I'll experiment a little bit with herbs added in.



Ok onto my next topic lol (yes my mind jumps around a bit) Yesterday I was reading Behind Green Eyes Blog and she had a great idea... She has heaps of them lol She really likes to read and so do I. My problem is that I usually get stuck in a rut of reading books that are very similar to each other. Anyway, she found a list called:- 1001 Books to Read Before You Die. She also included a random number generator to select her books. So I gave it a spin yesterday and the number generated for me was 961 - The Vicar of Wakefield - Oliver Goldsmith. 

So I have downloaded it to my Kindle, as I'm already reading a book at the moment called:- Being a Sceptic is Oh So Easy - Linn B. Halton. It's okay.... I'll finish it, simply because I hate not finishing a book, then I'll read The Vicar of Wakefield. I'm not going to solely rely on the 1001 list, because there are other books I want to read, but I'll alternate between my choice and the generator. I've also added the list to my tabs at the top of the page, and I'll highlight the ones I read as I get through them.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news about the sprouts!! Also I'm really glad you're doing this reading challenge, means I'm not the only one reading obscure 18th century novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lol.
      There's a lot of good books out there, but due to their age people either won't read them or have forgotten about them. Which is sad. . .
      We can compare notes on ancient words we don't understand lol

      Delete