Tango The Smarty Pants!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tango has been with us one week today. I can't believe how far he has come! He spent the first two days not wanting to come out of his cage - I would literally have have to stick my hands in grab him. Now, we can't keep him in there lol! 

We've taught him "up". We say this word and hold our arm/hand out and he steps up onto us. He's now getting to the point where we don't have to say the word, we just put our hand in front of him and he steps up onto us. Yesterday I thought I'd try my luck at teaching him to come when he's called..... Honesty, I didn't think it would work!! He did it successfully four times! We only spend about 15 minutes at a time with training, otherwise he starts to get a bit bored and cranky. So after 15 minutes we then let him do his own thing, which is usually eating fruit on the kitchen bench or sitting on our arm.


Millie and Tango

He's so much like a dog when it comes to food! He'll do anything if he thinks he's going to get something extra to nibble on lol  The photo above is Millie the cat and Tango. Sorry it's a bit blurry. They were sitting together and closer to each other at the dining table, but I was too slow to take a photo lol

We didn't have time for training this morning, as we had an electrician coming around early and Tango was a bit grumpy, as he wasn't quite awake when we got him out of his cage for breakfast. But once the electrician is gone, we'll get him out and he can have a bit of a fly around the house.


Tango having breakfast with his old play gym.

I'm off to buy him a new play gym tomorrow. He has one on top of his cage, but he doesn't like it much as it's too far away from where we are. I did buy one for him that's a table top one, but it's a bit flimsy. So after making some inquiries, I've found one that will suit him. It's a little expensive, but it's bigger and stronger, plus it's built from native Australian timber, so he can chew it till his hearts content and not get sick. Once I get it, I'll take some photos of him using it :o) 

Okay, well enough parrot talk for now lol I've got an electrician to talk to lol

2 comments:

  1. I love that he likes to sit on your arm!

    It seems he settling in well.

    I look forward to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is settling in well. I bought him a new play gym today and some more toys. He absolutely loves them!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete