Old Person Magnet

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Well the funniest thing happened to me this morning lol My wife has always said that 'I'm an old person magnet' :) We have gone out places in the past - it doesn't matter where, it could be out to lunch, grocery shopping or just crossing the road at the lights and an old person will just randomly start talking to me lol

Anyway I had to drop my truck off to be serviced this morning, and while I was there I noticed that they had stickers on the counter. So I asked where they had them made as the quality was quite good. The lady at the garage gave me the details of the sticker business.

So back tracking lol A woman phoned me a little while ago and she owns a promotions company, she asked if I would be interested in having stickers made? I said that I was, but to leave it with me and I would get back to her - As when I spoke to her I just didn't have the time to organise for my logo to be resized.  

Back to this morning! lol The details that the lady at the garage gave me were the details of the woman who had called me. The woman at the garage said that they had been buying their stickers from that company for years.

So just as I'm about to leave, an older couple were standing behind me and as I turned around the wife said 'Do you own XXXXXX shop?' I replied that I did. Well! She started gushing that she had recently purchased a pair of shoes from my store and loved them! She told me she was a dancer and had been for over 20 years and everyone wanted to know where she got her shoes as they were just so unique lol

She told me that she was retired and now as a hobby to keep herself busy, she started a gig guide for all things related to the theme of my store! For those of you who don't know, I don't publish anything on my blog about my store as I don't want customers doing a search and ending up here, instead of my business social media pages - hence the XXXXXX.

I told her that I was getting more of those particular shoes in, as some new designs had been released - she so was so excited! She asked for my email address so she could send me her details and asked if I would let her know when they came into stock. She also told me that she had over 2000 local members in her gig guide who were dancers and that she would promote my store online and at her dance events!

Whoa! What a morning! Here I thought I was simply just going to drop my truck off for a service. I ended up with a sticker which was great, because I could now see the quality of the work and I also met some people randomly at the counter of a garage who had social interests that ran parallel to my store! Being an 'old person magnet' isn't so bad! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment