Too Much Garden! Too Little Computer Action!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Alrighty! So in my last post I wrote about hacking away in the garden! I do have a tendency to get a little over enthusiastic about things and tend to go at a bull at a gate - which actually means I slam into a brick wall lol.

I had one of these brick wall days just last week :) We organised for a green waste council collection and I was going to chop a whole lot of stuff out of the garden. I went to the hardware and bought a new chainsaw to get through the lower thicker bits that the long chopper thingie can't get through and I was ready for action!!!



The end result? Well the chainsaw is still in it's box lol We filled our regular green waste bin and piled a bunch of green waste on the kerb for collection and it doesn't look like I've made a dint! I honestly thought that we would get much more in the bin and on the kerb..... My estimates were waaaaay off! lol So I will hack away some more for our next green waste bin collection. I would take a photo of my handy work..... But honestly, it really doesn't look any different from the photo in the previous post lol

In between hacking the garden away my laptop decided it wanted to play silly buggers. I can't blame it - as it's getting on a bit in terms of age and use and I've kind of been waiting for this day to come. Anyway, before my Aunt passed away she told me she wanted me to have her laptop. I told her I didn't need another computer, but she insisted that I take it. I hadn't switched her computer on before, as her belongings are still packed away. So I went and dug out her computer with the intention of just transferring all my stuff over to hers. Now my Aunt only used her first computer when she retired and didn't have a lot of experience. Yeah....... It took me about two days to clear all the 'junk' downloads off the system lol Even after I did that I realised that her laptop was about the same age as mine but it was actually slower than my clapped out machine.



So after some internet shopping and comparing prices - off to the shops I went. I bought a new laptop. Yeah that sounds like fun! I guess it is if you're starting from scratch lol But I have been transferring programs, photos and files for days now and the fun-ness has worn off lol

Anyway, I'm off! I have more stuff to move from one computer to another! Catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment