A Couple Of Outings!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Finding time to go out between my wife's roster and my 7 day a week business is a nightmare! In fact it had been months since we actually went out - just the two of us. However we got to go out on the weekend and we went out again for lunch yesterday! My system didn't know what hit it! Two outings in almost as many days!
The view from where we were sitting. 

On the weekend we went to a local art/craft market and then instead of going to a cafe for lunch as we usually would, we got some take away wraps and drinks and had lunch in a nearby park in the sun by the water - it was so relaxing!!! I seriously could have just sat in the park, in the sun looking at the water, the birds, and the other people all day!
The view in the other direction. 

Even though there were quite a few people in the park, it wasn't noisy because the park's a decent size. I really miss being outside, either being surrounded by nature or at least being able to see it. I feel much calmer and at ease within myself when I can smell and see trees, see or hear birds, look out the windows or doors and see natural beauty rather than the neighbours fence or wall. The suburb we live in has parks, but they're really small, surrounded by houses and are purely designed for children with play equipment installed. Don't get me wrong, kids need somewhere to play, but adults need somewhere to go as well. 

Sadly the area I live in has new housing estates popping up every couple of weeks, the bulldozers roll in and rip out all the trees and McMansions are erected in no time - shiny, pretty and generic in appearance - without a tree or flower in sight. Only last week a Rosella landed on our fence, it was the first native bird I have seen since living here. 



Anyway back to our weekend outing! While we were having lunch, there was this guy doing some kind of Tai Chi nearby. Perception is a funny thing lol I found watching him holding his poses somewhat relaxing, where my wife did not lol I don't know if this is because when I lived in the City I would often see people in the parks doing this as a group and it was a normal sight for me, where you just don't see it much where we live.


My purchases.

After we had lunch in the park, watched the ducks, saw some boats and watched the Tai Chi guy, we went back to the markets and I bought a glass mosaic oil burner and essential oils. We did go to the markets before lunch and I saw it then, but I didn't buy it. It wasn't until we were having lunch that I decided that I wanted to buy it lol It looks amazing in the dark! I absolutely love it!



Yesterday we went to this cute-out-of-the-way cafe for lunch. This cafe has such an airy feel about it as it has huge doorways and windows, allowing for so much natural light and there aren't too many tables, so it doesn't have a cluttered feel. It's also situated right across from three parks and the ocean! Heaven! So instead of dining in, we got take away sandwiches and drinks and had lunch in the park overlooking the ocean. 


The stunning view from where we were sitting. 

It was such a busy little place considering how out of the way it is, but it was so peaceful sitting in the park amongst the trees, with the ocean down below and birds flying all around us. There was just this feeling of total freedom and openness. 



The sky was crystal clear like the ocean, not a cloud in sight. Some of the trees near where we were sitting were quite large, with holes and patches of moss. I love gnarly looking trees :)


Gnarly, mossy, holey trees and flowers. 

We've decided that we will have to make an extra effort to try and go out more, especially now that we're moving out of winter and into spring. Even if it's just packing a picnic lunch and going where there aren't any shops or cafes, and just having a peaceful day outdoors in nature, away from home and work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment