Sunburn, Dolphins and Cheeky Birds

Sunday, February 25, 2018

This week my wife and I went for a day trip to Nelson Bay, a work colleague of my wife was holidaying there and asked us up for the day. I wasn't sure how the day was going to go as dark clouds seemed to be rolling in.


We had coffee before going out on a dolphin viewing cruise and wandered around the water's edge. There was a fish feeding area which was absolutely teaming with small fish! I'm not sure if you can see them in the photo? Taking photos of fish underwater with a phone isn't the easiest trick! I took about 8 photos and deleted all but one lol


Naturally, where there's small fish, there's going to be critters that love some seafood in their diet as well as maybe some hot chips that get thrown their way! So I wasn't at all surprised to see that there were a few seagulls hanging about! One which later took a hot chip that I offered from my hand while it was hovering in mid-air.
By the time we were on the cruise boat, the clouds were gone and it was boiling hot! Both my wife and I got sunburnt and are still feeling the effects a couple of days later. It's been a while since I've been burnt, I'm always so careful as I'm whiter than white!  

The sun was so bright, trying to take photos of the dolphins when they appeared was actually quite difficult, even with the brightness turned all the way up on my phone. In the end, I decided that I would take video footage and take some stills from the footage once I was home.

There really weren't all that many dolphins about, however, we did get to see a mother and her baby. According to the captain, this isn't a common sight. So I was pretty happy with this!

Again because of the sun, I couldn't get a photo, so I just took a screenshot of the video footage.Trust me, it was a lot more impressive in real life when they were swimming lol!

Once the cruise was over, we were hot and thirsty! So we thought we'd pop into a nearby cafe for a drink before driving back home. A couple of cheeky little rainbow lorikeets had made themselves at home! They were the funniest little things! There were pulling sachets of sugar out of the holder, ripping the tops off and eating the contents LOL! 


Myself and three other people all rushed to get photo thinking that the parrots would fly off. These birds had no intention of going anywhere lol It was very funny! Eventually, a sullen female teenage employee walked over and told us the birds had to go. We all took our last snaps before she shooed the birds away. Watching the birds for just a few moments, for me, was just as enjoyable as the two-hour dolphin cruise lol What's the saying? Small things amuse small minds lol That reminds me of this meme that I saw on Facebook yesterday:-

Anyway, I'll catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment