My Other Busy Bits

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

So apart from painting the house, what else have I been doing that's kept me so busy? Well, since my wife was on holidays I didn't spend everyday painting, simply because some days it would rain or it was too hot... Plus she was on holidays, so we used these non-painting days for outings.



We went out for lunch a couple of times, this particular photo was taken at our favourite place called Gnostic Mana Cafe at Woy Woy. These two ducks just wandered up to where we were sitting lol they were quite friendly. It was strange that we had never seen them there before.


                                 

I also purchased some greenware on a day that was just ridiculously too hot to paint. I also stocked up on some more underglazes and glazes for when I start my small business, which I mentioned in this post.

I also had some dental work done.... Ouch! For about 18 months I have been researching dental work... I have shocking teeth. Infact, everyone on my Mums side of the family have dental issues - except my sister, she got Dad's teeth, thanks Dad! lol. My teeth are chalky and break constantly, I have had sooo much work done in the past and I simply got to a point where I wanted all of my teeth ripped out.



I knew it was going to cost a small fortune to sort my mouth out, but I have put up with dental pain for so long, something had to be done. Some people my wife works with, recommended getting the work done in Thailand. So I did some research and spoke to the recommended clinic in Thailand regarding what I wanted done.... After weighing up the costs of two separate trips, plus accommodation x 2, plus the dental work, I came to the conclusion that it would cost around the same to have the work done in Australia..... Plus I could be in pain in my own home afterwards lol

So I went and saw a local dentist who had a look at my mouth and listened to what I wanted done, he suggested that I go to another dental clinic in Sydney where they could offer me the same treatment, but at a lower cost than he could because it was their specialty. How wonderfully honest was he? He joked that he would make a rubbish car salesman for sending work away lol

So off to Sydney we went! We met with the dentist... The downside to him to be quite honest, was that he was a completely arrogant piece of work! At one point I thought to myself "If I hadn't driven so far to see you, I would get up and walk out!!". The upside was that he believed that I didn't need all of my teeth taken out. You see what I wanted was for all of my teeth to be removed and to be replaced with what is called an All-On-Four implant.



I know it sounds drastic, but after years of pain and spending money having broken teeth repaired constantly, I really just wanted them all gone. Anyway, the dentist inspected my mouth and drew up a plan of attack. He advised me that I would need 3-4 sessions, where he would begin to extract teeth that were too damaged to repair and that he would work from right to left. He would also fill any teeth that needed fillings, then after a three month healing period he would insert implants into the extraction sites and crowns on the other teeth. 



Two weeks ago I had my first session of extractions, it took 1.5 hours.... When I was at home and the anesthetic wore off.... Man did it hurt!!! I have my next session in 2 weeks and it will take 2.5 hours. I am dreading the anesthetic wearing off that day!! But I know that in the end it will be worth the pain. I won't be self conscious of smiling, I won't have to worry about what I eat - as I am always so worried that food might be too hard and I'll chip or break another tooth. 


                           

Both of the dentists that I saw explained that I had a high acid level in my mouth, which is what has caused the damage. When you have bad teeth, you're constantly thinking that other people will think your teeth are bad because you don't brush... So I'm glad that I know why my teeth are the way they are.... I just don't know why any previous dentists haven't told me this? The reason I ask this is because, even though I can't stop the amount of acid being produced in my mouth, a treatment plan of special toothpaste which is only available from either a dentist or the pharmacy and surprisingly, a special type of dental chewing gum can counteract this.

Anyway, I'll catch you all again soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment