Dentists and Shopping

Friday, October 11, 2013

I'd like to apologise in advance if this post is disjointed or makes no sense... well no more than usual lol. I went back to the dentist on Tuesday and the pain killers kind of leave me floating in no mans land, so to speak :o). I had a 2.5 hour appointment at 8am, which meant we got up at 4.50am in order to get ready and get there on time. After the dentist worked on me for just over 2.5 hours, he said that he wanted to get more work done, and asked if I could come back at 1.30pm. So my wife and I wandered down to the shopping centre for a bit, but I had to go back to the car for the rest of the time, as I was quite doped up and feeling uncomfortable.



At 1.30pm we went back into the dental clinic for my second round in one day. In total he extracted a number of teeth and restored and filled six teeth. I can now see some progress, rather than just extraction holes. I didn't need to take antibiotics last time, but this time he prescribed some as the extraction holes were quite large. As a result of taking pain killers, antibiotics and probably not eating enough, I felt quite ill last night, so I will make sure I try and eat some more today. 

My next appointment is in just under three weeks, and the dentist said I will need an x-ray of my lower jaw before he begins, so he can work out which teeth will need extracting and which teeth he can save. Ohhh, more fun and more fuzzy pain killer days ahead!  


Apart from dental stuff, my wife and I went shopping the day before the dentist and bought some new furnishings for the house. One of the things we bought were new cushions for our dining room chairs. The dining room suite looks nice..... But after sitting there for a while, the chairs do get uncomfortable. Naturally when you have cats, they have to try everything out that is either new or has been moved. So Millie decided that she would be the first to test the cushions lol.



I also received a delivery yesterday! I made a ridiculous offer on a 1920's Art Deco Lady Diana lamp on ebay, and it was accepted! I honestly thought the guy would tell me to go jump lol, but hey - if you don't try, you'll never know lol. I had been looking for one of these for ages! The problem is that they were either too ratty and tatty due to their age, or way over priced because they were in good condition. 



I remember when I was in high school, I chose art as an elective subject. However, most of the theory was Historical Australian art. Yes, Australian art is nice, but honestly - you can only look at so many paintings of broken down farms..... One day we went to the Art Museum in Canberra, and that was when I first discovered Art Deco and I was in love! I purchased a couple of art theory books from the museum, and one of them was The Encyclopedia of Art Deco - I read it from cover to cover.



It's one of my favourite books, it's actually the only book I have on Art Deco... I don't know why I don't have a few more lol. I love the imagery, the style... I love absolutely everything about this period in history and art. It was after I read this book, that I wanted a Lady Diana lamp, but I was about 15 years old... Where was I going to find one of those things, let alone afford it..... and yes, when I was 15 years old, there was no internet lol I guess this is why I love Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries so much (which I wrote a little bit about here), as it is set in the 1920's. It's on again tomorrow night, and I can't wait! :o)

2 comments: