Are Spirit Guides Real?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I've been to quite a few medium presentations, read quite a few books on spirituality and watched a lot of YouTube videos regarding this topic. But at the end of the day, I still ask myself, are spirit guides real? I guess it would be a nice thought to know for certain, that there is one particular spiritual being that is watching over you.


The drawing of 'Chi' I received.

When I attended a Body, Mind and Soul Festival, I had a drawing done of my spirit guide. The artist told me that he said that his name was 'Chi'. Don't get me wrong, I love the drawing, but is it my spirit guide? Maybe she's just a really good artist who can draw a set of images freehand, and churns the same images out over and over again.... I have no idea?

A friend of mine, someone that I have known for a long time has recently become quite spiritual. She has embarked on a number of courses and has begun doing her own research, as one day she remembered that when she was a child, she had an imaginary friend..... She's trying to find out, if her 'imaginary friend' is/was in fact her spirit guide. Personally I never had an imaginary friend as a child, I did however see two spirits/ghosts in one house we lived in and heard another in the next house we lived in.



The video above was made by Steve Huff, it's almost 18 minutes long. He talks about spirit guides. If you just want to get to the bit where he talks about how to contact you're own spirit guide, skip the video along to 7.30 minutes. The technique he describes is very similar to those that I have read about in books. I've not done this exercise personally, so I cannot comment on that. What I can say is that, Steve records a lot of EVP's and will often ask if his spirit guide is present.... Either a 'yes' will be heard, or her name.

I guess one of the reasons I've never tried this exercise is that, I'm partially concerned that if a name does pop into my head, it'll just be my mind generating some random name that I've perhaps heard on TV or it's the name of someone I know or is from my past.... I don't know.    

2 comments:

  1. That is very interesting.

    I've communicated with ghosts for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lon!!

    You're back! I hadn't been on my blog for a while and when I went to look at yours you were gone, but I've found your new blog now :o)

    I haven't so much as communicated with ghosts, but I have seen quite a few with my own eyes, as well as the ones that appear in photos that I have taken.

    ReplyDelete