Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation

Monday, December 16, 2013

My wife started the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation challenge about a month ago, and she has lost weight, however in saying that, she also goes to the gym six out of seven days. I have been eating the same diet and have not seen any change.... Not that I was expecting too! lol You can't just eat without exercise and expect to lose weight.



So where am I going with this post I hear you ask? lol Okay, Could I eat MB's food for the rest of my life? No. Does it taste any good? Most of it... Yes you're correct if you're hearing a 'but'.... lol The easiest way I can put this is that, say for example, you only eat 'light ice cream', you wouldn't want the regular stuff. However if you're one of those people who eats regular ice cream occasionally, then has a mouth full of the light stuff, you will immediately notice a change in both the taste and the texture. This is the best way I can describe MB's food.

Now I consider that what we have always eaten, to be considered as healthy food. The reason my wife started this challenge, was because she had plateaued with her weight loss, and thought that a change of diet/food might get things moving again, which it has. 


One of my curries.

So why do I have a 'but' when it comes to how does it taste? lol Okay here's another example. We don't eat curries all the time, remember... Eat in moderation... Curries are often high in calories as they usually contain coconut milk or cream, plus they are served with rice. MB's curries exchange the coconut milk/cream for stock. So again, in that first mouthful you immediately notice a difference in taste and texture. Yes, it kind of tastes like a curry, but it doesn't taste like a 'true' curry. 



Another example is, that instead of serving a dish such as a stir fry or a curry, that would normally be served with rice, it's served with pureed cauliflower. Now there's nothing wrong with pureed cauliflower, it tastes fine with some cracked pepper thrown in, but it isn't an adequate substitute for a carbohydrate, and I find that about an hour after dinner..... I'm starving!! Instead serve the pureed cauliflower as a side dish, but not part of the main meal, otherwise - like me, you'll be raiding the pantry, an hour after dinner and probably eat something you shouldn't.



Most dishes are also served with a side of steamed beans, asparagus etc. Again, I don't have a problem with steamed veg. I have a bamboo steamer and use it often, however the steamed veg I make usually accompanies a dish that has either rice or coconut milk/cream or a moderate dressing or sauce. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can cook, good healthy meals without compromising the flavour. Use your commonsense, don't eat seven curries in seven days or pasta or rice seven out of seven days. Look at the size of your portions? How big are they? It is possible to cook and eat healthily without sacrificing the flavour of your meals.

I guess this MB challenge, due to cooking a whole bunch of new foods can be hit and miss when it comes to what you like the taste of. I'm sure that once this challenge is over, there will be some recipes that we will keep and some we may modify. I will be the first to admit that I love food, and I will also be the first to say, that I can taste 'diet' food straight away. It's like the old TV commercial, where they would blindfold people ask them if they could taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi..     

No comments:

Post a Comment