Ask The Tarot Cards!

Friday, April 27, 2018

What's that saying? "Ask and you shall receive?". Well, today, I asked the same question to both an oracle deck and tarot deck. The first deck I used was Messages From Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards by Steven D Farmer.
Messages From Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards
I really do like these cards, there are no hard and fast reading layouts to follow. With these cards, you can ask a question and pull one card for an answer, you can create your own reading layout like a standard tarot reading, or if you want you can pull a card at random and put it on display where it can be seen and use it all day like a talisman-type card. 

So what's in the box? I should first mention that the box is nice and strong and the cards fit well, leaving very little excess space around the cards preventing them from getting damaged.

The deck consists of 44 cards with there being a broad range of animals such as ladybug, emu, cat (domestic), platypus, shark etc. Each of these animal-themed cards has the name of the animal at the top, then a picture of the animal in the centre and a small meaning at the bottom. The included bound guidebook then elaborates on the small definition. Honestly, I think that with regular use, the guidebook really wouldn't be needed as the meaning of the card is comprehensive enough.

The second deck I used was the Animal Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine. In my entire collection of both books and divination tools, this is the only item I own created by Doreen Virtue.

To be fair, I don't know a whole lot about the woman. I've simply never been drawn to any of her products. I did hear an interview with her once a couple of years ago, and it pretty much reinforced that she really wasn't the creator of stuff that interested me. 

Now there's the issue of her turning her back on her New Age empire in favour of Christianity. Doreen has/had many followers who she has basically called Devil worshipers, all these people did was support her empire over many years in purchasing her books and cards etc, most of which were Angel centred? Go figure! Anyway, drifting off topic here! 

How on earth did I end up with a Doreen Virtue tarot deck post ship jump? Well, I was watching/listening to youtube videos on TV of tarot deck reviews. I wasn't being altogether attentive as I was using my tablet at the same time. Anyway, a review of this deck came on and I was listening - not realising who the creator was, I was really liking the sound of the review. It was then I looked up and saw the name of the creator on the box lol So I bought a copy, no one was more surprised by this than I!

So, two animal-themed decks, one with 44 cards, the other with 78, one an oracle, one a tarot. What was the result?  


Okay, the cards I drew were the Blue Heron (1st card in the Oracle deck) and then the King Of Autumn (Last card in the Tarot deck). Both cards in their own words both stated that I was on the right path, they also both stated that I would face judgement and disapproval from others but that I basically just needed to breathe in spite of the judgement I would be receiving. 

Seriously, both of these cards said the same thing! It'll be interesting to see what comes next! Catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment