Witch Book Next?

Sunday, April 29, 2018

I'm one of those people who has to finish a book, yep, even if it's crap. I've finished my last book yesterday (thank god!) and now I have to decide on the next book! I do actually have a growing stack of "to-read" books, so I've narrowed it down to two titles:- A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.



You know when you pick up a book and you flick the pages either from front to back or back to front? Well, I did that with A Discovery Of Witches. I landed on a random page, as you do - I had a quick read. Then I put both the books beside my computer and opened Amazon to read the reviews. The very first review contained text that was either the exact text from the book or very closely paraphrased! I did flick through the book again to try and find the page but I had no such luck! Although when I find it, I plan on writing about it and linking the future post to this post!

I was thinking of reading The Night Circus, but now I don't know if I should read A Discovery Of Witches...... I have the version that's in a trilogy box set. Argh! How do you choose what to read next?


The reviews for A Night Circus are extremely good, with many readers stating they'd read the book than once. So what's the problem? Well, Erin Morgenstern wrote this book in 2011 and hasn't written a second book. So if I really like it, there's no follow up! I know, first world problems!

I guess I could read the first in the trilogy and then if I need a break I could read The Night Circus? Why is this becoming much harder than it needs to be lol

No comments:

Post a Comment