Neighbour Feeding Our Cat Update

Monday, April 23, 2018

They say cats choose their owners, is this saying true if the cat in question is being fed like a king? As a follow up to my last post, Spike still hadn't been home - that we're aware of. We have a sneaking suspicion, that he's been coming in at night to munch on some cat biscuits!


Anyway, this morning I decided to pay the neighbour another visit. I was stuck there for just over 2 hours! Again, in a nutshell - I requested that she not feed him. I told her that I didn't mind him visiting her for company, but he has a heart condition and he was too fat! She agreed not to feed him. We shall see how long this lasts! The reason I say this is that she told me she had stopped feeding him, then moments later told me he was hungry yesterday morning, so she gave him breakfast! UGH!

So at the moment, Spike's inside, as I brought him home with me. He's pacing from one room to another looking for a way out, with the occasional lie down where he can shoot death stares my way! Oh well! At least he's getting some exercise to burn off all that extra food!

I have a couple of newish decks of oracle cards that I hadn't as yet used, so yesterday I thought to myself "Self, why not use the cards and ask about Spike!"


So I opened (yes they were both still shrink wrapped lol) the Messenger Oracle by Ravynne Phelan first. The card that I drew was card 42 "show that you care". Two things caught my attention with this card, the first being that the day before, my wife and I watched The Neverending Story. Straightaway when I saw this card I thought of Falkor the Luckdragon, so there was an instant familiarity with the card. Secondly, given that we have two new mouths to feed, the card made me wonder if Spike was feeling unloved?


So I ripped the shrink wrap off The Akashic Tarot by Sharon Anne Klingler and Sandra Anne Taylor. I asked the same question and pulled the "1 of scrolls on track" card. Guess what this card is about? Travelling. If you look at the card, it shows a man with one foot on the train and one foot on the ground as he looks over his shoulder at the signposts. According to the guidebook, there are maps in his hands. Wow! I thought that both of these cards were fairly spot on considering what had been happening!

Given that I hadn't worked with either of these card decks previously, it's fair to say, that so far I'm quite impressed! I should also add that the illustrations on both decks of cards are just beautiful!! When you pull a card from a deck you're unfamiliar with and pretty much know the meaning without looking at the guidebook, that says an awful lot about the illustrations!

Okay, I'm outta here for now! I'll keep you updated on the Spike situation and whether the neighbour keeps feeding my cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment