10 Day You Challenge - Day Five - Six Places

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day Five - Six Places

Okay, now I am not sure if this challenge is to list six places I've visited, or six places I want to visit?!?! So I am going to write about six places I've visited.
1. Home - Yes, ask any hermit where their favourite place is, and he (or she) will tell you it's their home. At home I don't have to wear my Sunday best, I don't have to have a shave if I don't want too, I can sing out aloud, I can talk to my dogs, I can be me without any concern that I am being judged. Home is where I am most comfortable.



2. Victoria - I used to live in a small town in Victoria and I loved it! Victoria overall is a great state to live in, and on more than one occasion I have tried to talk my wife into moving there lol Two of the reasons I loved it was because I actually lived in my grandparents house and the other reason is, because in winter it was absolutely freezing cold lol


3. Woy Woy - Woy Woy is a suburb near where we live now. The reason I love this place is because it has a very alternative kind of feel to it. Given that we live on the coast, a lot of the suburbs have a very 'beachy' feel, yet this one doesn't and I guess that's what I like about it. It's also where the Gnostic Corner (the coasts largest new age store) and Gnostic Mana Cafe, as well as the other Gnostic branded stores are located. The Gnostic Mana cafe is my wife's and my favourite spot to go for lunch.  



4. Canberra - Canberra is located in The Australian Capital Territory, our nations capital. It's a city, but it's nothing like what you would expect to find in a city. There is a very laid back feel to the area and it is immaculately spotless! The other bonus with Canberra is that it also gets very cold, which if you haven't figured out by now, I love! lol



5. Tocumwal - Tocumwal or Toc, to the locals, is a cute little town on the New South Wales - Victorian border. It's situated on the beautiful Murray River. We had a holiday caravan onsite, down there for a couple of years and we loved nothing more than driving through the bush for hours, until we reached our destination. We'd often spend a week at a time there, doing nothing more than swimming in the river and barbecuing. It was heaven! Unfortunately, the owners of the park got greedy and started to increase the site fees to the point, that the fees were dearer than our house rates. Sadly we had to sell the caravan, as we could no longer justify spending that kind of money, that they were asking for holiday accommodation.



6. The Blue Mountains - We lived in The Blue Mountains for a number of years. I loved it because it had a similar feel to the small town I lived in, when I lived in Victoria. Plus, you guessed it.... Winter was amazing! It would snow every year :o) When it wasn't snowing, there would be heavy mists rolling across the mountain tops, it was just gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment