One Aunt - Two Dreams

Thursday, July 11, 2013

As some of you know I had an Aunt who passed away recently. Well a number of years before, another Aunt of mine also passed away, for the sake of this post I will refer to her as Jane. My Aunt was in palliative care as she had cancer, her two daughters - my cousins stayed with her while she was there. One night while I was asleep around 2.30 am, I heard my name being yelled/screamed and I saw my Aunt Jane's face coming towards mine, then she was gone. Her voice was so loud! I woke in such a heart pounding fright! The only thing I could compare it to, was if you were in a deep sleep and someone stood beside your bed and screamed... That's how loud it seemed. I finally got back to sleep, and when I did wake up in the morning I told my wife about it. We later on discovered that this, give or take a few minutes, was when my Aunt Jane passed away. Spooky? Weird? Was it a dream? I have no idea.....



Well last night I had another dream with my Aunt Jane in it. I don't often remember my dreams, and the reason I am writing about this dream is that it's particularly odd. Let me explain why..... My Aunt Jane's youngest daughter - my cousin (who I'll refer to as Olivia) and I had always been fairly close, that was up until my other Aunt passed away last year. You see I was the executor of my Aunts will, and my Aunt Jane's children thought that they would be left more than they were. My Aunt had left them a substantial amount of money, but it just wasn't enough, they got greedy and as a result, their behaviour has divided the family. When my Aunt wrote her will, she wrote it so that it was fair, as she didn't want any conflict when she was gone. As she had no children, her will was split four ways:- between my two cousins and my sister and I.

Anyway, back to last nights dream.... I dreamt that I was at my Mums house in the kitchen, and my Aunt Jane was there.... She was angry! I had seen her angry before, but not with me. She told me that she was aware that I had been arguing with Olivia's partner and that it had to stop! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.... I tried to explain to my Aunt that I had not argued with Olivia's partner, and that it was one sided. My Aunt said that there was no such thing as a one sided argument! Then she disappeared....



While I was still in the kitchen, my wife, Mother and a third person who I can't remember who it was - I have a feeling it may have been my sister, came in and sat down at the dinning room table. Now in the dream I was aware that my Aunt was deceased, but in hindsight I didn't say this in the dream, I spoke about her as though she were alive. Anyway, I sat down with the three at the table, and told them that Aunt Jane had just been here and told me that I have to stop arguing with Olivia's partner etc etc. The three didn't speak, they only looked at me and then at each other..... As if to say "He's lost the plot, Aunt Jane died years ago....."

The next thing I know, is that Olivia's partner had come into my Mums house and was arguing with me about my other Aunts will. While he was arguing with me, I could see that my Aunt Jane was back and was listening to every word being said..... Olivia's partner could not see her. When he left, I told my Aunt that this is what I was talking about. That they were arguing with me about a will that I did not write, that I was only the executor of. That it was a one sided argument. My Aunt nodded and agreed, she then said that I should not allow him to come between Olivia and I, as we had always had a good relationship from when we were children, right up until when were adults. Then she disappeared.....



This dream was totally bizarre, I do believe in ghosts/spirits. However, I don't know if this is a case of a message from the other side or simply just a dream.... Either way, when it comes to Olivia and her partner, one isn't more innocent than the other. One loaded the gun, and the other chose to fire it - they worked as a team. 

6 comments:

  1. That's a little creepy! And yes when it comes to Olivia it is a team effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! It was just so real and has been bugging me all day. If it was some kind of message from the other side, I'm afraid I wont be acting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get these kind of dreams sometimes, and it's not easy to work out how you're supposed to deal with them - I swear I'm not making this up, but I'm not speaking to a family member at the moment because of years and years of being lied to and messed around, I basically said enough is enough and I'm not going to be their Agony Aunt any more. A few weeks ago, I dreamed that my Nana (who died in 1999) gave me a lecture about giving that person a call. I genuinely did feel bad for a couple days about it, but then I thought why should I, I'm finally free from stress and hassle and problems being dumped on me for the first time in years! Blood unfortunately does not mean loyalty sometimes and I'm not gonna let dream Nana guilt me into being a doormat again! Next time you dream of your Aunt let her know Olivia needs to share in this too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I believe you. It is hard to know how to deal with these dreams, they kind of screw with your head for a bit. You're so right in saying that blood not mean loyalty! Yes, if my Aunt pays me another visit, I'll be better prepared this time and I'll let her know exactly what both her daughters have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Alex! My name is Jan...I believe in ghosts also and I do believe that they can visit you through dreams. When my mother passed away she came to me in a dream about a month after she died.

    This was a very interesting visit that you had. But it did leave you with many unanswered questions. Maybe she will visit you another time and give you a chance to ask what exactly she wishes of you.

    BTW...I am following your blog now, but for some reason it came-up with my old blog name "Autumn Dreams". Thank you for following my blog, too :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan!

    Thank you for stopping by :o) Yes, I also believe they can contact us via our dreams as our minds are so full of clutter during the day, but at night - when we're asleep, our minds are much more settled and perhaps open to receiving messages.

    Of all of my relatives that have passed, she has been the most frequent and clear. I did dream of my father once, but it was very muddled and confusing....

    Thank you for following me, I have also added you to my blog roll :o)

    ReplyDelete