Cinnamon French Toast With Maple Syrup Berries

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

This is kind of a follow up to the Fun With Friends post. As our friends live quite a distance from us, they stayed the night. So for breakfast I made Cinnamon French Toast With Maple Syrup Berries. After eating this, I don't think I can ever eat regular french toast again, if I do say so myself! LOL!

So here is the recipe, which I did originally find online:- 



Cinnamon-berry French toast

Ingredients:- 

4 eggs
2/3 cups of milk
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Butter
8 slices of white bread cut in half
Greek style yoghurt

Berry Salsa

125g of blue berries
125g of strawberries
2 tablespoons of maple syrup

Method:-

1. Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced. Line a tray with baking paper or kitchen paper.

2. Make salsa: Combine blueberries, strawberries and maple syrup in a bowl.

3. Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a bowl.

4. Melt some butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip slices of bread in egg mixture until soaked. Drain excess egg mixture. Cook bread for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared tray. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining slices of bread, egg mixture and butter.

5. Divide toasts between plates. Top each with yoghurt and berry salsa and serve.

6 comments:

  1. OMG that looks divine! Not sure about the yogurt... might have to go with double cream instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks! It was lol To be honest, I'm not a yoghurt fan at all, but the tang of the yoghurt balanced out nicely with the sweetness of the syrup. But cream I'm sure would go very nicely also :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and yummy looking...thanks, Alex, now I'm hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have really tasted good my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jan,

    Thank you, its easy peasy. I'm always trawling the internet looking for recipes, usually late at night.... Then I go to bed 'starving' lol which I'm not, but my brain tells me I am lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lon,

    Yes it did and I can recommend it for a quick breakfast, it would probably taste fine with egg white substitute for vegans and a milk alternative. I drink soy and often cook with egg white substitutes, I can't see why it wouldn't work here :o)

    ReplyDelete