One Of Those Weekends

Saturday, July 6, 2013

You know when you're looking forward to something and it just doesn't turn out as you had hoped? That's how I feel about our outing today, I had been looking forward to it and it just wasn't what I expected. We had planned to go to The Entrance markets first, then have lunch, and then drive over to a Food and Music Festival. 



The main reason I was looking forward to The Entrance markets, is because there was a stall holder there that used to make and sell my favourite soy candles. For some reason he wasn't there, and my wife and I both agreed that there were quite a few stalls missing. As a result, we finished up there quite early. So we decided to drive over to the Food and Music Festival and have lunch there instead.

Now I had been looking forward to this festival, as it's an annual event and we had heard about how great it was, and we had managed to miss it every year! I really don't know what I was expecting, but clearly I had set my expectations too high. When I hear "food festival" I think I envision all sorts of lovely treats to try and buy. What I saw was a bunch of kids sports groups holding sausage sizzles. . . To me, this is hardly food festival material. 


We did find one stall that was selling Thai food, as they had opened a new restaurant in the area and were promoting their business. The food wasn't bad for market stall food, so we grabbed a menu and may go to the actual restaurant at some point.  

I'm not sure where the music part came into the title of the festival, the local radio station was there, but they weren't playing live. There was however a young girl belly dancing to Middle Eastern music, which really wasn't all that interesting.  



There were a couple of classic cars parked outside of the festival on the road, they were interesting to look at and were in immaculate condition. I don't know if they were part of the festival or if there was a car club in the area. There was also a small baby-animal farmyard zoo for kids to play with. All in all, The Food and Music Festival was lacking in both food and music. It was nothing more than what you would find at a regular market or school fete. It was quite disappointing.  .  .

Never mind, there's always next weekend to look forward to! We're going out to lunch with friends to a restaurant that we haven't been to before. The menu looks interesting and the reviews are all positive :o) **Fingers Crossed!!**

2 comments:

  1. That's really disappointing! The local radio does not count as "music" at a food and music festival. You always have next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I should have known better, it is after all the Central Coast, not Melbourne, Sydney or even the Hunter Valley! Yes, so now I'm looking forward to next Saturday lol Scrap this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete