It's Been One Year Today

Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Today is a sad day, as it's been one year today that my Aunt and Godmother passed away from cancer. It hard not to feel sad and people expect you to move on, but that's hard to do when you've lost someone who you were close to and loved. I still think of her everyday, even if the thoughts are just fleeting, they are there.

She told me that she would send me a sign.... I'm still waiting. Maybe if she knew her photo was now on the internet, she'll get a wriggle on and send that sign! Because I'm sure that she would never have thought in a million years, that her face would been seen by people all across the world!

Where ever you are, I hope that you are happy, pain free and safe.

Love your Nephew and Godson,

Alex.

xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. Alex, I understand completely and you have my caring thoughts and sympathy. My Aunt who was also my Godmother, just passed away on June 25th. It hurts to let someone you love go. But we also don't want them to suffer anymore~~~

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    Thank you for your message.
    You also have my sympathy for your loss.
    No, we don't want them to suffer, we want the opposite for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she's able to send you a sign someday.

    I'm thinking it's not an easy thing to do; otherwise the dead and living would be chatting all the time with each other.

    Thank you for sharing your aunt's picture with us.

    Although you're having a sad day; I also hope you have some happy moments and lots of good memories of your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dina,

    Thank you for making me laugh!! When I read that the dead and the living would be chatting all the time... the images that popped into my head just cracked me up! Thank you!! I really needed it! :o) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss...and I bet you'll be getting a sign from her soon! Keep your eyes open...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Melanie :o) I hope so.

    ReplyDelete